Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

5 Musicians That Cause Me To Sink Into A Music Black Hole

Yes, there are a couple of them whose performances, when sent to me or linked to me online, cause me to go on a Youtube rampage and just listen to absolutely nothing but his/her/their songs all day.  So yes, extreme caution is advised when sending links to me connected to the following people.  I would love you forever, no doubt about it, but I would pretty much be hard to talk to for the rest of the day—oh, and your Facebook and Twitter feeds will suffer with reposts and retweets.

1. Jason Mraz.
One word: DUH.  If you really know me, you won't even wonder anymore.



Warning: This particular playlist has a SHITLOAD of songs. Brace yourself.

2. Incubus.
Brilliant guitar play.  Brilliant lyrics.  Brandon Boyd's abs.




How could you not?!  Here's a sample of the black hole that was Incubus Afternoon.

3. Florence + The Machine.
Just because she is AMAZING.  I don't have a Youtube playlist of her yet, but currently I am downloading around 14+ zipped files of purely her songs and performances.  Here's the most recent performance I viewed today (I've re-watched it around 3x, so far).



4. Michael Jackson.
KING OF POP.  Come on people, King of Pop.  There is a reason why he's had that title for the longest time, and even now that he's no longer moonwalking on this Earth (sigh), no one has even been able to come close to claiming the title for himself.



5. Queen.
As far as rock anthems go, Queen has at least 5 songs that immediately spring to my mind (We Are The Champions, We Will Rock You, Bohemian Rhapsody, Radio Gaga, Another One Bites The Dust, off the op of my head), so it doesn't really surprise me that every time I chance upon a Queen track on my iTunes library, IT'S QUEEN TIME.

No comments: